MY STRATEGY FOR STICKING TO NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS...
I disagree with the forbes.com article, New Years Resolutions are For Losers. Make your resolutions on January 1st of each year, if you blow them by the end of January, no worries because you are not alone.
"... less than 25% of people actually stay committed to their resolutions after just 30 days, and only 8% accomplish them."
This year you will not fail, beat yourself up or give up.
YES you will make your resolutions; the major difference is PLANNING and AWARENESS.
Sticking to my resolutions are easier for me, ever since I removed “lose 20 pounds”, SERIOUSLY...
Here is my strategy for making and keepy my new years resolution.
1. Reflect. Start reflecting on the areas in your life you want to refresh, renew or improve.
2. Analyze the areas where you want or need to improve.
3. Plan - have a plan with SMART goals. Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely.
4. Write your plan down and place it where you can see it often.
5. Amend you plan. Set time aside on your calendar to revisit your plan. Review what is working and what is not working and amend the plan as needed.
6. Pardon. Do not be too hard on yourself if you fall off or mess up, revisit, revise and restart.
Ready set RELOAD, RESTART, RECHARGE, REDO
REMEMBER do NOT beat yourself up, we all fall down but we get up. Whether you decide to make resolutions or not be the best you that you can be today, every day and every year. And always have a SMART plan.